Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Two bandaids on my butt and a smile on my face!

Needless to say, my doctor's appointment went great. Well as good as can be for a woman in my condition. My cervix is holding strong at 2 cm. No sign of change so it means that the bedrest is working. Our little baby girl will slide into 24 weeks with no problems. She's changed position, from her head down position into a sort of transverse almost breech position. Her feet are bottom right and head is top and left! I saw her ribs today! That was just amazing!

Before I forget - so what's the deal with the bandaids on my butt? I got two shots today. My weekly 17p shot and a corticosteroid shot - Celestone (aka Betamethasone). Just for reference, the steroids are to help her lungs, brain and intestine grow faster in case of pre-term labor. The 17p shots are actually painless but the Celestone actually stung quite a bit. It had quite a burn to it. So I left there with a bandaid on each butt cheek. But I could care less about the inconvenience... my little baby is still inside of me alive and kicking - and my cerclage is still holding up.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Great news! And I hope your butt is better soon ;)

    ReplyDelete