Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The realities of infertility

I'm not a terribly emotional person. This is probably why I've been able to get through this TTC Battle without losing my mind - or at least needing a therapist. I want to credit The Runny Yolk Blog for posting this video.  It really does summarize the infertility experience - albeit in a tear jerking format. Infertility is accepting that you are taking on a fight you can't win on your own. Accepting that it's going to cost a ridiculous amount of money and you may end up empty handed. It's accepting that you'll be a human pin cushion. It's just as the video says - it's the never ending 2 week wait and constant anticipation. It's knowing that you'll spend thousands of dollars trying to get a baby when a alcohol swigging, drug taking woman can spawn 3 kids in a row . It's just simply not fair! It's a whole friggin ball of hell that goes on for years. But I don't believe in giving up - and as long as my ovaries are still inside of me, and we aren't broke - I'm on this TTC roller coaster until the bitter or sweet end!

No comments:

Post a Comment