Saturday, March 26, 2011

Overcome by the urge to nest

It's so weird, I've been scared to start nesting. I mean I've felt the urge to, but I kept telling myself - how will I cope if I start nesting and then this baby doesn't make it? But there's the other side of this - if I don't nest, and I don't partake in the planning activities for this baby, I will seriously regret missing the opportunity to do so. I'm already on bed rest - so there won't be those fun trips to stores to feel baby bedding, look at cribs in person, and coo over baby clothes on racks.

So I made a decision, I'm going to nest anyway. Screw it . If this baby doesn't make it - oh well - but I want to have some positive memories from this pregnancy. I'm positive about everything, but it's hard to stay engaged when you have this looming cloud of fear. I also want to have a nursery that reflects the love and care that we have for this new life we're bringing into this world. I don't want it to be some thing that we just rushed and threw together because now she's here.

Part of what motivated me was that - I picked my nursery decor out. And I've had it in my registry for 2 months now. And then I saw it starting to sell out on Amazon. I wanted to buy it - but my DH wants to wait. But what if I wait and it sells out? This is the one I want and what if it's not available when I want it? Finally I broke down after a week of contemplation and bought one of the 2 last sets available. Rational? probably not ... but I'm pregnant - who said I needed to be rational! I do feel a sense of relief that I at least have the bedding, hamper, diaper rack, changing pad covers and crib sheets sorted out. Now it's just a matter of waiting. When I get closer to 28 weeks - I'll probably feel a strong urge to grab the rest of the stuff we want. I'm still debating with DH - because I want to get the crib now. Cribs manufacturers are notorious for sending cribs that are scratched, dented, missing parts etc - and I want that to be sorted out.

Anyway - this is just a pregnant woman's morning rant :)

No comments:

Post a Comment