Saturday, March 12, 2011

Day 10 of bedrest - 12 days to viability - what to do!

Contrary to popular belief, bed rest gets really old at about day 3! I feel like an invalid. I'm still allowed to go up and down the stairs once a day but that's pretty much it. I only leave the house for doctor's appointments. I can't help but think... I miss my life! I miss being able to swing by the grocery store and get what I want. I miss being able to stop by my favorite restaurants and get something to munch. I really have no idea how people handle incarceration.

I've noticed that my weight is starting to slide backwards. I anticipate that I'll lose weight with this bedrest - even though I eat and am immobile! If everything holds stable... in 12 days I can stop talking about miscarriage fears and start talking about how long I can keep this baby cooking to avoid having a preemie. It's going to be really strange to talk about when this baby comes as opposed to "if" this baby comes! I'm also counting down to when I can start buying nursery stuff. I feel so giddy - I've been staring at a list of products on amazon that I'm just dying to buy!! I know the crib, stroller, co-sleeper, nursery decor, etc. Just can't wait to be able to buy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment