Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Oh how I love the wiggles

Last time I was pregnant, I didn't get the pleasure of feeling my baby move. Perhaps that's a good thing. I think my grief would have been that much worse if I was able to remember the feeling of the life inside of me that didn't make it. However, this time around, this snowbaby, turned sticky bean, ultimately upgraded to baby-to-be started moving at the 10 week ultrasound and hasn't stopped since. In fact, the doctors keep mentioning that my baby is quite an active one. Now that the baby is big enough for me to feel, I'm realizing what that means. This baby wiggles and wiggles up a storm! This baby is also kicking and punching away too! I get to feel movement all day long, which is great. Before I was feeling movement, I'd pull my doppler out every few days to be sure that the life in me was still going strong. Now - I've actually become confident enough to put the doppler away and just let the kicking commence! By the way  - after days of searchign and researching online - Here's the doppler I bought - Sonotrax . I was able to find the heartbeat as early as 9 weeks - so I've been "listening" to this baby for a very long time!

For now this game of kick mommy-to-be on the inside is a pleasant game of gentle wiggles, pokes, and thumps. I know it's going to upgrade into pokes jabs, and the occasional punch in the bladder! I'm beginning to understand what maternal instinct is. How could I not love this child after bonding with it in this way. It's simply amazing to feel life inside of you like this. Not so bad for a woman who's 15 days into her bedrest and still in a good mood!

No comments:

Post a Comment