Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Phew - We live to fight another week

Well... today's perinatologist appointment went well. Well as well as well can be considered in my situation. My cervix was pretty much the same length. The doctor was happy about that. In fact, he's even allowed me to go 2 weeks before my next appointment. We got another chance to see our baby and hear the heartbeat. Everything looked normal but they didn't do measurements of the baby. I also got my 17p shot today. I'm going to get my urine sample done and see if my UTI is really recurring or not!

So here I am 22 weeks tomorrow - just 15 days away from viability. I always anticipated getting to this point, but now that we're so close - I just want it to be over and I want to be there!! The doctor started to mention what will come next. Since I'll be 24 weeks at our next appointment, we can start to treat this pregnancy like a baby we need to keep in the womb as long as possible. The doc mentioned steroids to help the baby's lungs develop. He mentioned that we would do 2 regiments, an initial one and then a second one when pre-term labor is imminent. He mentioned the possibility of pre-term labor and hospitalization but I have a chance to get through this without all of that.

I'm happy with where we are - but it is still so nerve wracking. I want to be excited - I want to celebrate every victory - but I am not ready to celebrate until we get to the point of viability. If possible, I'd love to cook this baby to 38 or even 40 weeks, but we'll see what my body is willing to do. For now.... my sticky bean and I live to fight another week to finally meet each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment