Sunday, March 20, 2011

A pregnant infertile morning ritual

I realize that I've got sort of a routine. It's this thing I do every day when I start my day. The first is that the baby kicks around 5 am. Well almost every morning. Sometimes she doesn't so I just sit there and "will" her to give me a movement or kick or two. If not, I'll roll onto my left and stroke my belly. If that works, OK - I've confirmed the baby's still there! Phew! Then I take a deep sip of the water I keep by the bed. I slowly roll out of bed, waddle to the bathroom and head back to bed. I spend the next hour or two turning here and there just giddy about feeling the baby move.  It's such a shame that my infertility mission has left me always seeking some kind of confirmation that things are ok. I'm grateful that this baby has been more than willing to accomodate me and give me kicks / movements on a regular basis. I'm 4 days away from viability and I just can't wait!!

1 comment:

  1. Only two days now according to your ticker! Yay!

    ReplyDelete