Friday, April 8, 2011

A taste of freedom

As I cross my 36th day of bedrest, I realize how grateful I've become for any external stimulation. To be honest, I'm not miserable at home. I am working remotely so I actually have roughly a 50 hour work week at home. Trust me - I'm very appreciative of the opportunity to keep working. It gives my days a sense of purpose.

So the highlight of my week is my visit to the doctor. It means I get to leave the house. I can sit in the car, and  I can see what everything else looks like. I can even roll down my window and smell different smells. It's funny how you take those little things for granted. I'm only 36 days into my bedrest, and I have roughly 70 to go!!

Anyway - I digress.... so this week I had 2 doctor appointments! It's like a double treat. My first one was to the see the perinatologist and then the second one was to the OB for my glucose tolerance test. And they were on different days ! Extra Double Treat!!! My mom and I have a deal, if I get a good cervical measurement, I can stop somewhere for lunch on the way back. So we stopped and had lunch at a diner I like. That was fine. My mom wanted to go to Macy's and pick up some shoes. Normally if she stops somewhere I just sit in the car. I'm trying really hard to be diligent and not get into trouble walking around more than I should. I've already lost my freedom, I don't want to be on complete or hospital bed rest! This time around my mom was worried that it was too hot to leave me in the car. She parked at an entrance that had some chairs right at the entrance.

So she dropped me off right at the door, and I waddled the 10 steps into the Macy's and plopped myself down in the show department at the door. Now I feel like those senior citizens who just sit and people watch in the mall - but it was so cool  It almost felt like sensory overload. So many people walking by, new smells, bright colors, and of course.... shoes!!! Here was the view from my chair :
Now I was also right next to the shoes section. I saw a bunch of high heels which just looked divine. Of course I'm wondering if this baby makes it, how long will it be - before I can wear heels again! I've always envisioned myself as a mommy in heels. Not all the time, but I could easily see myself in a cute outfit and some heels while pushing a stroller. Who knows hehhe. Anyway here are the heels that were tormenting me : 

So that was my taste of freedom. This is the closest I've come to an actual shopping trip - in fact actually doing something normal people do. And I absolutely loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment