Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Phew - another good cervical measurement - well kind of

So I had another Perinatologist appointment today. My DH totally had me freaked out. He's been to so many of these things, he can read my measurements from the ultrasound creen while the tech is taking my measurements. Well today he got them a little wrong. He thought it was a LOT lower than it was - like 1.34 instead of the 2 cm that it has always been. Well.... it turned out that my measurement was only like 1.97. That's a trivial difference in length! I was just happy that DH was wrong - but he did freak me out.

Our baby girl is actually growing nicely. They checked her amniotic fluid levels and they were all normal. She measured 2 pounds 14 ounces - almost 3 pounds! They struggled to catch her heart beat because she didn't want to keep still. She even kicked the ultrasound machine as the doctor was trying to scan my stomach! That was funny. All in all it was a good appointment.

I just realized that I have only 3 appointments with my peri and then it's time for my cerclage to come out. He told me to expect to deliver within a week or a week and a half of my cerclage coming out. That means she might come at 37 or so weeks. Could it be that I'll be having a June baby instead of a July one? Wow! I'm starting to get nervous about this baby coming. In a weird way it's sort of like... OMG what have I gotten myself into! What are we going to do. But I just can't wait to meet this little baby. I'm also beginning to feel a bit overwhelmed by all the stuff we need for the baby. It seems like so much.

2 comments:

  1. This time will go by fast! Having a June baby will help you avoid being pregnant in the heat of summer, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the one thing I'm looking forward to!

    ReplyDelete