Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Who needs gambling when I've got glucose numbers to watch

I'm roughly 6 days into testing - and I've got the swing of things. The interesting thing is that it's a crap shoot. I can mainly gauge my numbers based on what I eat, but every now and then there's a crazy one. For the first 3 days, my fasting numbers were high. For the next 3 days, my fasting numbers were good. Most of the time my 2 hour numbers are good - but then today.... my ketones were high. It's a total crap shoot. Hence my thinking - who needs to gamble when I have my random numbers to play with? I'm eager to see what my doctor ends up thinking about my numbers. I'm also curious to see what my nutritionist thinks about my numbers. All I know is that I have no intention of carrying this baby to 40 weeks anymore. Now that I know I have gestational diabetes, I think it's better if she comes out at 37 weeks before she gets too big. In fact - I plan on asking my acupuncturist to help me deliver as well. I'm also going to go on an eggplant binge and plan to walk quite a bit. But that's just some morning rambling :)

No comments:

Post a Comment