Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Trending my glucose numbers with gestational diabetes

As if the excitement of sticking my fingers 4 times a day wasn't enough, I decided to actually start charting my numbers for my glucose readings. It's sort of frustrating when I see numbers that are out of range. I'm also kind of interested to see what my perinatologist and obgyn will say about these numbers. I'm sort of nervous about being prescribed glyburide. I hear about women feeling groggy and having really low blood sugars. My ketones have been awesome and are almost always in range. My 2 hour scores are pretty much manageable. The general rule is as long as it's home cooked foods, my numbers are fine. I get high numbers when I eat out. My fasting is what I can't quite figure out... It does seem to be just above normal. The only consoling thing is that our baby hasn't been showing any signs of abnormal growth because of my gestational diabetes.


Ketones
Average Ketone - 3.8 - less than trace ketones

Fasting
Average Fasting - 94.5
47% of fasting numbers in range

2 hour after Breakfast
Average 2 hours after breakfast 109
76% of 2 hour after breakfast numbers in range

2 hour after Lunch
Average 2 hours after lunch 106
88% of 2 hour after lunch numbers in range


2 hour after Dinner
Average 2 hour after dinner 115
56% of dinner fasting numbers in range

Going by these - I kind of feel like only breakfast and lunch are under control. The other numbers are a crap shoot!

No comments:

Post a Comment