Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Been locked down for 90 days - 14 days to freedom!

I can't believe it. I have been confined to my couch for 90 days and I still have my sanity. Yes I feel a little cracked out. I do feel a little antsy. It's been hard to go from the whole Type A power woman to a bed ridden pregnant woman. Yet here I am. Today I saw my perinatologist for my second last appointment and I couldn't believe it. I actually scheduled my cerclage removal.  I also got my 3rd last 17p shot. In 2 weeks, no more injections in my back side! We got to see our baby on the ultrasound and it was interesting to see that it was getting harder to see her insides. She's actually gaining baby fat! She's starting to look like a newborn baby! She's head down and really ready to go! I'm also thrilled to know that I'm managing my gestational diabetes well. She's showing no signs of abnormally fast weight gain. The doctor thinks she'll probably top out around 7.5 lb when she's born. That's absolutely delightful to hear!

I can't believe in 2 weeks that my cerclage will be removed. I can deliver at any point after that. I could be holding my baby in as soon as 2+ weeks. Realistically the doctor told me to expect it to be 1 - 2 weeks after the cerclage is removed. I don't even know what I will do with my new found freedom. I want to walk, go out to eat, even go back to the office for a little bit! I'm so looking forward to traveling around with an overnight bag for the hospital and a diaper bag with a take-home outfit for our baby. I'm having my baby showers this week. I can't believe I've had the confidence to even have a baby shower. I'm absolutely loving this.

To any mothers out there still on bedrest - hang in there. I'm getting closer to the finish line and it was completely worth it! I can't wait to meet this little one and hear her cry for the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment