Sunday, June 12, 2011

3 days till my cerclage comes out

It's so weird - it's starting to feel real. I went into this pregnancy knowing it would be incredibly difficult to get pregnant and even harder to stay pregnant. I convinced myself that I was going to have a preemie. I remember just wanting to get to 24 weeks so we'd have a chance at viability. Then 26 weeks, 28 weeks, 32 week, and 35 weeks passed and I couldn't believe it! Now DH and I are sitting here installing a car seat, washing baby clothes, packing a hospital bag, packing a take-home outfit, and it seems surreal. Even when I had 15 weeks of bedrest - it never dawned on me that the bedrest would actually work. A friend of mine just gave birth to her baby boy a few days ago - and I'm so jealous. I am so ready to meet our baby. I know I might have up to 4 weeks at most to go, but I'm so ready to see her.

Now this whole pregnancy was a series of hurdles. I wanted to get through the cerclage surgery. I wanted to get through weekly 17p injections in my butt. The second procedure is the removal of the cerclage. I have to admit - I'm a little nervous. It's done with no anesthesia. I am having a hard time believing that stitches put in there from 15 weeks ago can be removed with no pain management. That being said, I'll trust the doctor. The woman who booked my appointment added extra time for complications. I have to admit - that freaked me out a little. Anyway, if it gets bad - they can always do it as a surgery. Ugh.... I'll be sure to write a full post about the cerclage removal procedure. Fingers crossed!

3 comments:

  1. My fingers are crossed, too! No matter how much the procedure sucks, you're that much closer to having your baby girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have a hard time believing I've come this far... I can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete