Thursday, February 27, 2014

Team Blue ... NT Scans .... Pre-Cerclage Thoughts

Yep - we are Team Blue - with a 96 % accuracy caveat - guessed at 13 weeks + 2 days! We just had our NT scan yesterday and it went great. Being 35 and having PCOS - I won't pretend like I have any confidence in my reproductive system. So I was mentally preparing myself for less than stellar numbers. However, we saw no defects and our combined bloodwork + ultrasound risk was set at 1 out of 4775 - which is just fine in my books! The tech also said my cervix was long and closed - which was comforting. I know cerclages are most successful when done between weeks 12 and 14 - so as I'm approaching the start of week 14 next week - I'm eager to get stitched up so I can calm down! Needless to say DH is beaming from ear to ear. I'm kind of excited. It makes me wonder about the whole thing of different genders affecting you differently pregnancy. I doubt there's any truth to it - but I will say that the morning sickness this time was simply insane. I'm still not out of the woods- but at least I don't feel miserable anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment