Thursday, February 6, 2014

I'm a little piggy sloth

I cannot begin to describe the magnitude of the fatigue I'm battling. This is almost as bad as when I had the PIO shots. I simply cannot stay awake. I feel like every time I put my head down - I wake up 2 hours later. Apparently I fell asleep talking to my nanny - SMH! I struggle to concentrate, I struggle to do my work, and I'm feeling like a total failure of a mother because I just don't have the energy to care properly for my little one. I haven't even had the energy to take her to a play date in over 2 weeks! Even picking her up from daycare is becoming a colossal chore. My days are actually filled with dread that my DH might ask me to do something I don't have the energy to. I'm feeling like such a slacker too - which just sucks. I know he wouldn't judge  - but I've always tried to pull my weight. Sigh.....

Now onto the eating!

I have to be honest - this is what I feel like - minus the belly. I don't understand it - I'm only 10 weeks - so it's not like I should need a huge caloric intake - but some days the hunger is literally unbearable. I feel like I have to eat hourly not to feel nauseas. It's simply madness. I didn't have this last time - so the idea of eating like this is so foreign. Also - I've lost 5 lb in 2 weeks eating like this - so I'm even more baffled. There's no joy in my eating right now - simply attempts to avoid bad feelings. I don't feel comforted or gratified by my food. I'm just always bleh.....

I know I shouldn't complain but today's my pity party ! Oh and whoever called morning sickness "morning sickness" - clearly has NEVER been pregnant!

2 comments:

  1. Aaaw, I am on the same page right now, just in week25 already.
    I would love to comfort you by saying that it will get better soon, but for me it is still like you describe it. I sometimes cannot even concentrate on phrasing one sentence at a time properly or following a normal conversation.

    We'll be back to normal in a few months!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG congrats!!! And congrats on crossing viability! I think I messaged you on twitter as we haven't chatted in a while! I hope we get back to normal because this is horrible. The struggling to concentrate is the worst!

    ReplyDelete