Friday, January 31, 2014

I think I found an OB!!!!

I think I found an OB to take care of me till I leave. He was willing to listen to everything I said, did urine samples, set my prescriptions for my lab work, and then even gave me a low dose progesterone prescription which I could take if it made me feel better. He felt my placenta looked good - and was established enough to sustain things but he said since I was on progesterone in the first trimester last time - it couldn't hurt to replicate that. He also was adamant he wanted to do all the screening for the baby before he scheduled my cerclage - so we know as best as possible that the baby is likely to make it. This was night and day from the other doctor who just shoved a wand up my whoohah - took a scan and scheduled my surgery. He had the type of equipment I'm used to as well and took lots of time to chat with us - even to discuss new tests that aren't covered by insurance but available if we want. I feel a whole lot better now - and can get focused on getting back to Atlanta


I'll be 10 weeks in just a few days - aaaaaaaah! Oh and something interesting - he saw 2 sacs that look like pregnancies that didn't make it. He wondered if I had 3 eggs drop. Can you imagine if that was the case? I'd have lost my mind if we had multiples.....

No comments:

Post a Comment