Saturday, August 21, 2010

An Ode to Metformin

Oh dear sweet metformin, bane of my existence
They say you’re here to treat my insulin resistance
You take the joy out of everything I eat
Restricting me to just veggies and meats
Goodbye all sweets, cakes, breads and fried treats
Whenever I eat you – I kneel to the toilet seat
But that’s not enough – you have to play tricks
Even when I behave I’ll still randomly get sick
Little white pills that pack such a punch
So tiny yet you can easily destroy my lunch
Pizza…pie…cookies… all things of the past
I have to behave or my tummy won’t last
And when I have to go – I have to go now
No matter where, No matter when, and No matter how
You’ve taught me that YES I can use public bathrooms
And that dignity is meaningless when your runny tummy looms
I love you and hate you all at the same time
But I take you daily until a new baby is mine

Just a little metformin rant........

No comments:

Post a Comment