Friday, July 20, 2012

The mass is out - I'm cancer free!!

I will post more - but they removed the mass and my left ovary. I'm still in hospital. Oh and no cancer!!!

I will be back late to post the entire story. But here's the quick and dirty. The mass was the size of a peach. It. basically mangled my left ovary. So I lost the ovary. The doctor also resectioned my right ovary to alleviate some of my PCOS. That was against my wishes but that's a story for another day. Today I'm just focusing on the fact that I don't have cancer!

He also addressed an abdominal scar I've had since I was 11 months old to make it smaller. I'm in a good deal of pain - but the pain killers are keeping it at bay. I'll post my full story after I get discharged.


**correction** he addressed internal scarring from a previous surgery. He didn't make my scar smaller. I was clearly loopy on the meds when I posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment