Thursday, July 19, 2012

Ever taken a whole bottle of miralax?

I just realized I forgot to document this! So my bowel prep for this surgery called for 2 days of a liquid diet and to chug an entire bottle of miralax (238 grams) in 32 ounces of Gatorade. Despite the "wrong" oily texture of the liquid - I realized if you put a ton of ice in t - it becomes more tolerable. I still tasted nasty but I was able to get through the 4-5 glasses of stuff. Then there was the GI side effect.... I was bracing myself for explosive diarrhea. I'm so used to metformin / glucophage and it's explosive nature, I was pleasantly surprised. I mean I still peed out of my butt for 6 hours , but I didn't have the pain that comes with metformin. I never knew you could crap damn near clear water - but its true - it can happen and it did! It also gave me some crazy fatigue and nausea but I was able to avoid hurling. It's 10 pm at night and I'm scared to sleep because I don't want to crap myself lol. Other than that - I'm sooo ready to get this over with!

No comments:

Post a Comment