Thursday, July 28, 2011

Will breastfeeding be my ticket to winning the weight war?

Well I've managed to be just 19 days past my baby's birth and I'm now under my pre-pregnancy weight. Like all women I have a distorted view of who's in the mirror, but my husband swears he can see weight loss. And he says it's not just the belly - even the problem areas are starting to shrink. What can I associate this with? I'm thinking it's the fact that I didn't gain a lot of weight in my pregnancy and then I'm breastfeeding. While breastfeeding sucks (YES I SAID THAT), it seems to burn an insane number of calories and it seems to get some hormones going. As a result,  I may actually be able to lose weight while I'm recovering from this pregnancy.  We all know that weight loss is the cornerstone of beating PCOS symptoms. In fact, my first pregnancy was a surprise BFP while I weighed 165 lb. I haven't weighed that in almost 6 years or so. I'm only 15 lb from there now - so I'm hoping for the best. I would love to have a BMI that's well in the middle of normal instead of on the higher end of normal / lower end of overweight.

Sorry for the scant posts lately. Needless to say motherhood with a newborn has eaten a huge chunk of my spare time.

No comments:

Post a Comment