Saturday, July 23, 2011

2 weeks after delivery and back to pre-pregnancy weight - Take that PCOS!

9 months ago - I had this fear. Having PCOS, I was convinced that I was going to have to eat like a bird to prevent my weight from exploding. After all, PCOS has conditioned me into having a love-hate relationship with food. Yet somehow, during this pregnancy, my weight has been awesome. In fact it's been better than awesome. I went through the bulk of my pregnancy not having gained more than 15 lb. Then in the last week I gained 6 lb and then I delivered. Who knows what that 6lb was.

I'm proud to say, I'm already packing away my maternity wear. I was so jazzed to pull out my size 10 ultra low-rise jeans and they fit! In fact they had some room to spare and needed a belt :) I hopped on the scale and I'm right at my pre-pregnancy weight. Only 2 weeks after delivering my baby. I feel so lucky. It seems that somehow although PCOS has wreaked havoc on my body, I got a free pass in this pregnancy. I didn't gain any huge amounts of weight. My weight came right off and Id on't seem to have extra fat stores.

Now I do have my pooch and my tummy is a bit stretched out more than it was - but I'm feeling confident that it will return to it's not so impressive but not so noteworthy state.

I'm also breastfeeding - well attempting to. I had fears about having no milk or low milk supply. I really should have been afraid of my baby chomping on my nipples like a barracuda! That being said, I'm able to breastfeed her ( with formula supplements) and I'm pumping as well. So who knows.... with the lack of weight gain and the breastfeeding, I might actually come out at a good 10 lb under my pre-pregnancy weight. Any time that a cyster can end up in a situation where weight loss comes easy... we should celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment