Friday, July 8, 2011

Induction T-Minus 12 hours

This will be a really short post - for some reason I've been battling fatigue like crazy today. Also - since the midwife stripped my membranes I've been having some strange contractions. None of them have come together like labor but there are enough to make me feel uncomfortable. It's 12 hours until I need to show up at the hospital. I'm so excited and nervous. My appetite has been very strange and finicky today. I've basically had some berry smoothie ( just fruit and a blender), a grilled cheese + tomato sandwich, a bowl of mushroom soup, and a peach. I just don't feel like eating anything real.

 I've been watching a "Baby Story" like a mad woman for the last couple of months. I don't know - I kind of think watching it will help me come to terms with what's coming. Up until now every trip to the hospital has invoked  feelings of suspicion and dread. For once I'm going to Labor and Delivery because I want to go there and get my baby out. How strange is that. I'm full of anxiety, excitement, fears, anticipation, and who knows what else. Ok drowsiness is taking over again.... maybe my next post will be to announce the birth of our baby!

1 comment: