Sunday, July 17, 2011

Life after winning the battle - the path forward

Sorry that my posts have been a little few and far between. Having a newborn is no joke and we've quickly realized just how much we have to arrange our lives around our new addition. As I was sitting here contemplating the next direction of my blog - I sort of made a decision. There are way too many blogs out there about motherhood, being a new mom, and having kids. I'm not saying that I won't share that part of my life, but the reality is that although I've won the war against infertility with this successful pregnancy  - I still have an uphill battle getting my reproductive system back on track.

I plan to actually take a different approach to restoring my fertility. For starters, I have about 9 months to a year before we start trying again ( yes I decided I think I will try for a second baby!). I'd like to see if I'm able to restore my ovulation cycles on my own. I want to see if I can manage to get into shape with a new baby in my life. I keep having this vision of doing pushups with her sitting on my back. I can't wait until I'm allowed to work out again. I have a treadmill at home and I plan to lay her on the bed, hop on the treadmill and hope the sight of me working out is enough to keep her entertained :) OK I digress!

My point is that the battle for this infertility warrior isn't over. PCOS has dominated my life for the last 6 years or so - and affected my life for much longer than that. I know it's still lurking in the background and I plan to beat it into total submission.

That's all for now - my baby girl has started fussing and I need to be a mommy now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment