Monday, April 30, 2012

Got my appointments scheduled - now the wait begins...

I think the only thing worse than waiting to find out what your results are... is waiting to get your appointment to start the process to find out what your results will be. After my miserable Friday where my doc was kind enough to tell me there's a mass on my ovary... that probably isn't cancer.... but still needs to be checked out..... I was up bright and bushy-tailed this morning calling the endocrinologist and oncologist that my OB referred me to.

Well my oncologist office told me that they can get me in within 2 weeks. Sheesh - 2 more weeks of me + Dr. Google.... fun times! I shouldn't have complained, because then the endocrinologist called me and let me know I could get an appointment at the end of May. Sheesh X 2! Good thing I'm not having a crisis! So I've got 2 weeks before I can get the ball rolling on my mass issue. And then the endocrinlogist will confirm my PCOS again and then let me know if I need to go back on Metformin. Oh and total side note - don't you HATE filling out new patient paperwork? Why can't we just get a decent electronic medical record system set up?

I really feel crappy that my hiatus from the drama of dealing with PCOS ended and here I am again - wondering why my reproductive system is so defective. I mean, when you have infertility and you decide to try and overcome it, you're definitely in for a serious battle. But you tell yourself, I'm going to do everything I possibly can to overcome this. You psych yourself up for a serious battle. I used to joke, I'm going to go on until I'm broke or I'm a mother - whichever happens first! Fortunately I'm a mother now, but it seems that the fight for my reproductive system isn't over yet. Ugh. So maybe I'm just going to change my battle motto to - I'm going to go until I go broke or I have a fully functional reproductive system. Whichever happens first!

2 comments:

  1. i just made an appointment to get tested for PCOS. Im bleeding but its not my period and im scared. I have to wait 3 weeks to see the gyn. so stressful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be scared. Even if you get a PCOS diagnosis - it's not that bad. In fact- it's better than getting something like endometriosis. Once you figure out what you need to do to get your hormones in line - it's just a matter of discipline.

    If you want some moral support - I'm always available on cysterworld...

    ReplyDelete