Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Half Way There - 20 weeks pregnant

Yep - I'm 20 weeks pregnant. I feel guilty because I haven't been blogging properly - but the last details of this move have kept me busy indeed! So here's what's happened. I had a psuedo anatomy scan at 18.5 weeks. We did this because I needed to see a peri asap. The good news was that my cervix was still high and closed - measuring at 3.7 cm. My peri also thinks my first measurement was erroneous - saying 6.6 cm doesn't really happen - especially with a singleton pregnancy. Our baby did just fine with the scan and scored well. They have decided they will do another scan at my 21 week appointment as well. Oh yeah - and we're still team blue. I even saw the little wiener!
As for me - I'm still lamenting the challenges of being 35 and pregnant. I know every pregnancy is  different - but I feel so old in this one. I am dealing with crazy pelvic pain in the front called SPD (Symphysis Pubic Dysfunction). As a result I'm waddling like I'm 7 months pregnant even though I'm only 5 months pregnant. Ugh! I'm really hopeful for this pregnancy - because I don't ever want to go through this again. I'm done with this pregnancy business.

Beyond this - I'm so happy - because I realize I'm just under 4 weeks to viability!!! This means that very soon we can start talking about WHEN this baby comes and not just IF :) - well sort of anyway hehe.

So not too much to report except - all is ok with the world right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment